Can I Show You Something?

Hey guys,
Recently I have been doing essays for school. These essays are based on Christianity or something of the sort. After I have written the essay I email it to my moms friend. Who then edits it and sends it back to me. That way I learn about God but also about my grammar and writing skills.
These past 2 weeks I've been working on one that has quite the interesting topic to think about.

-Create a list of 4-6 words that describe the type of person you hope to become as an adult. This is a list of personal core values. Define what each of these words mean to you. Give an example of how each of these words you've seen demonstrated by someone in real life. Explain something you can do to initiate the progress of these values in yourself this week. 


So, I am going to write my essay down here. I hope that you enjoy it! I have worked on it in these past 2 weeks.                                                                                                                                       

These are the 4 character traits that I want to have when I am an adult. 
  • Respect
  • Honesty                                                                                                        
  • Compassion
  • Generosity

Respect in the everyday dictionary means - A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
What I think respect means is that you lift someone higher than yourself. You do that because you see something in them that you like. For example, I have respect for Olympic athletes because of their courage and hard work. I also have respect for my friends because they are kind and compassionate and just really nice. But you wouldn’t have respect for someone who is a thief or is in jail for a crime that they committed.
I want to have respect for people when I’m older and also now. Because so many people now are so stuck up and prideful that they don’t look and see the people around them. They don’t see how amazing some people are. So, they don’t have respect for anyone but themselves.

Honesty is the next word. It is pretty easy to know what it means. It means that you are truthful. You don’t lie and you don’t hide from who you are on the inside.
I know how hard it is to not hide from who you really are. So, when I grow up and again also right now I want to be myself and not run away from who I really am. I have found many times that I am running away from who I am. I have friends who don’t know me that well. They probably know everything about me as a person but not as a family. Or I will make friends and they won’t know that I am Christian. I know that that is wrong and that God created me for who I am. If I created someone I wouldn’t like them to change everything about themselves. God feels the same way.

Compassion also is a pretty easy word to know what it means. I looked this word up in the dictionary and this is what it said. Compassion - Sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others. I have to change that just a little. I don’t want to be so sympathetic that it’s pathetic. You know the people who when they learn that you have a stubbed toe they put you on the couch and bring you everything you need and tell you that you don’t need to do school anymore? I don’t want to be like that at all. I want to help those in need the way they want me too. A way that makes sense for what happened to them. 

Matthew 25: 35- 36
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

I think that that is true compassion. Doing all those things is true compassion in my world.
The last one is being generous. This one also is easy to know what it means. But let’s see what the bible says.

Proverbs 11:25
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

If you see someone in need give something. It will fill your heart with joy. I want to bless someone. But it will make me happier than if I just keep it for myself.

There are many things that I want to be when I grow up. But those are my top ones for sure.

There are so many ways to become a better person. These are the ways I want to become all those things in my list.


  • Prayer and Bible Reading
  • JUST DO IT




Prayer can help with anything. God is there for you even when there is no one else there. Even when there’s no Bible you can read. So, that’s always top on the list for me. Then comes reading the Bible. The Bible has so much stuff in it. It has stuff about absolutely everything you’ll want to know and God wrote it. I just recently have started to think about it this way. 



You are reading God’s thoughts.



The next one is JUST TRY IT! You’ll fail for sure at some point. But try and it will start to become easier. It will never be perfect because life is like that. But if you keep on thinking about it too much, you’ll never get around to doing it.                                                                                                          

I hope that you really enjoyed it. Possibly even learned something from it.
Thanks for reading,
Anna-Lee..






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unique 2

Unique 4

Unique