2 in 1 and an apology
Hello everyone,
I hope that you all are having a good day!!
I don't know whether I've told you this before, but my favourite day in the week is Tuesday's. You might know that on Tuesday's I have youth group. Youth group is definitely my favourite part of Tuesday's. I also noticed that I have never talked much about youth. I've told you a few small things. But really a talk like what I write about clarinet and used to dance doesn't exist on my blog for youth group.
Also at the bottom there will be some really interesting song critic info. In school I used to do this one subject where my mom would look up the lyrics and then make some questions. But that will come later! 😀
So, youth first. I have been going now since before Christmas. I have to say I was pretty nervous at first going there. I didn't know anyone except for some people from Bible Quizzing. That now feels like a blessing that I've been doing Bible Quizzing. I am able to hangout with the people that do quizzing and they're amazing!!
This is the schedule for youth. Thought that I could explain it in sections like that!
6:15- Arrive
6:30- Be in the room. A few announcements and then worship.
6:45- The talk
7:30- Down to the gym
8:00- Small groups
8:30- End of small groups and just chatting till you get picked up
Worship is sort yet sweet. It is a nice time to just praise God and then settle down to listen to a talk. That is one of my favourite parts. They always do ones that have actions and fun lyrics so that worship is something that we love!
The talk is a teaching that the pastors will do. Right now we're going through the series Based On A True Story. Which is where our 3 pastors will take turns on different weeks talking about a historical person that they found inspiring. So far we have learned about Perpetua, and Menno Simons. You should look those people up they are really inspiring.
But also throughout March and April we are doing Kingdom Assignment. Which is where each small group (we'll get there) gets $100. They have to use the $100 to make more in a creative way. A way that they have prayed about.
Gym time is also fun. Well everything is fun. But we play different games every week. Some reoccurring ones for sure but they are super fun!
After that Small Groups is when you get divided up into groups (same every week) and you talk about the talk that you just heard. It is a discussion time. Boys have there own while we're in gym and then girls have small groups while the boys are in gym. It is a really nice way to learn more than you learned in the talk.
Sorry I have kept from talking about youth until now.
My sister asked me to talk about this lyric subject that I used to do in school. So, I decided that I could and instead of doing 2 blogs on the same day I did 2 blogs in one.
So, last year I did a lyric subject where I would get lyrics and then write up a summary on the song. So, I have one of the templates that my mom created for me and I will walk you guys through it.
6. Why do you think Amy Grant uses the word “sometimes” at the end of the line “better than a Hallelujah…”
I hope that you all are having a good day!!
I don't know whether I've told you this before, but my favourite day in the week is Tuesday's. You might know that on Tuesday's I have youth group. Youth group is definitely my favourite part of Tuesday's. I also noticed that I have never talked much about youth. I've told you a few small things. But really a talk like what I write about clarinet and used to dance doesn't exist on my blog for youth group.
Also at the bottom there will be some really interesting song critic info. In school I used to do this one subject where my mom would look up the lyrics and then make some questions. But that will come later! 😀
So, youth first. I have been going now since before Christmas. I have to say I was pretty nervous at first going there. I didn't know anyone except for some people from Bible Quizzing. That now feels like a blessing that I've been doing Bible Quizzing. I am able to hangout with the people that do quizzing and they're amazing!!
This is the schedule for youth. Thought that I could explain it in sections like that!
6:15- Arrive
6:30- Be in the room. A few announcements and then worship.
6:45- The talk
7:30- Down to the gym
8:00- Small groups
8:30- End of small groups and just chatting till you get picked up
Worship is sort yet sweet. It is a nice time to just praise God and then settle down to listen to a talk. That is one of my favourite parts. They always do ones that have actions and fun lyrics so that worship is something that we love!
The talk is a teaching that the pastors will do. Right now we're going through the series Based On A True Story. Which is where our 3 pastors will take turns on different weeks talking about a historical person that they found inspiring. So far we have learned about Perpetua, and Menno Simons. You should look those people up they are really inspiring.
But also throughout March and April we are doing Kingdom Assignment. Which is where each small group (we'll get there) gets $100. They have to use the $100 to make more in a creative way. A way that they have prayed about.
Gym time is also fun. Well everything is fun. But we play different games every week. Some reoccurring ones for sure but they are super fun!
After that Small Groups is when you get divided up into groups (same every week) and you talk about the talk that you just heard. It is a discussion time. Boys have there own while we're in gym and then girls have small groups while the boys are in gym. It is a really nice way to learn more than you learned in the talk.
Sorry I have kept from talking about youth until now.
My sister asked me to talk about this lyric subject that I used to do in school. So, I decided that I could and instead of doing 2 blogs on the same day I did 2 blogs in one.
So, last year I did a lyric subject where I would get lyrics and then write up a summary on the song. So, I have one of the templates that my mom created for me and I will walk you guys through it.
Discerning Lyrics
1. What is the message or theme of the song?
2. Does the message align with Scripture? Explain.
3. Circle any lines in the song refer to Scripture.
4. Is there any line or thought that causes you to feel concern about the song? Explain
4. Is there any line or thought that causes you to feel concern about the song? Explain
5. Is an actual name of God mentioned or does the songwriter just use a pronoun if they refer to God? If a name of God, which ones; if not why do you think the song writer chose not to put God’s name in?
6. Why do you think Amy Grant uses the word “sometimes” at the end of the line “better than a Hallelujah…”
7. Do you agree with her thesis that these situations she describes in her lyrics are indeed better than a hallelujah sometimes? Explain
8. Other general comments
There is the template. Here are the lyrics.
God loves a lullaby
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves a drunkards cry,
The soldiers plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
Better than a church bell ringing,
Better than a choir singing out, singing out.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
Better than a Hallelujah
(Better than a Hallelujah sometimes)
So, that is what I would do. I would then answer the questions above and read the lyrics several times.
So, I would love it if you would try to answer the questions for yourself. I will not answer them myself so that you can have your own thoughts.
Thanks for reading!!
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves a drunkards cry,
The soldiers plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
Better than a church bell ringing,
Better than a choir singing out, singing out.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.
Better than a Hallelujah
(Better than a Hallelujah sometimes)
So, that is what I would do. I would then answer the questions above and read the lyrics several times.
So, I would love it if you would try to answer the questions for yourself. I will not answer them myself so that you can have your own thoughts.
Thanks for reading!!
Anna-Lee
Comments
Post a Comment