You aren't alone

Hello everyone,
I expect many of you are surprised that I am not raving over the retreat that I went to this weekend. But I have decided to tell you about that some other time. This post has been on my heart and mind for awhile now and I decided to finally do it so here it goes.

Have you ever felt like everyone is watching you, judging you and whispering about you? Have you ever felt so insecure that you brought the collar of your shirt up so you could hide, or your hat down and your scarf up? Have you ever thought I am the only one who feels like this, I am the only one who is homeschooled, the only one who is Christian, the only one who doesn't watch that show or the only one who doesn't listen to that music? I have too.
Here are some courage points that everyone needs to have.

(1) Talk to someone about how you're feeling. I wouldn't be surprised if they're feeling the same way or if they have felt that way before.
(2) Be sure of yourself. Whether it means checking yourself in the mirror a couple times more than usual then do it,  say hi to someone before they say hi to you (don't depend on other people), be courageous and start a conversation with people that you don't know that well.

One thing that I know happens a lot is that people will trash talk themselves because they don't have a lot of friends but they won't take the step and talk to people. You don't make friends unless you say something to them. If you're not feeling comfortable with your body see who or what you want to impress. Try just being yourself, see who notices that you feel more relaxed. I find that looking yourself makes you act yourself and you'll be surprised at how many people are going to love you as the real you.

The thing is that people will love you for the fake you, but when they learn that you're really not that person you will be at the bottom again with no friends. Act yourself and you'll make friends for life.

(3) Try finding people who you know act themselves and try to be as relaxed as them. Don't copy them but see how they accept who they are and do it yourself.
(4) Take a deep breath. It helps with physical pain but you'll be surprised at how well it works for emotional pain too!
(5) Read about being courageous. The Bible has lots of stories about being courageous so you can start there. But look at any adventure books they all have someone or something doing something that scares them. Any books should be able to give you something that makes you stronger.
(6) Pray about it. There is One person who is always there. He knows all your fears and lies be He loves you anyway.

Thanks for reading. If anyone has more points that they would like to share please comment down below.
Anna-Lee ❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unique 2

Unique 4

Unique