We're finished...
Hello everyone, ππ»
I have officially done one year of Bible Quizzing. π² We had our last tournament this weekend as I mentioned before. Thank you all for praying. π My team got into B Division semi-finals. We were pretty happy with it too. I am going to try to describe our tournament to you by day so that you can know what we were doing this whole weekend.
FRIDAY-
As always I had soccer. Except that it wasn't normal because on THURSDAY my parents had left for Hamilton. They couldn't drive me so we asked my friends family and they were amazing and came and got me and brought me to soccer. My friend and her brother also do soccer. Soccer was fun. We did a bunch of miniature games and then some relay races. The Pearce (the family that drove me to soccer) also drove me to the bus along with some other people who do soccer. We all drove to meet the bus. We got there and were a bit early but then we get a phone call that the bus is going to be 30-45 minutes late because the bus had broken down and they had to wait for a new one. While we were waiting for the bus other people arrived. There were so many people in the Pearce's van while we were waiting. One of the boys was telling riddles. π They were very good and made everyone laugh and definitely use their minds. Once we got onto the bus which was 45 minutes late it was pretty boring. But my friend Olivia and I reviewed and went over questions together which was fun!
We got to Joy and got our bags. We all went and got our snacks and then called it a night. The rule at camp is that you have to have lights out by 11:00 p.m. so we ended up going to bed pretty much as soon as we finished our snack. π©
SATURDAY-
Saturday was the quizzing day. Our first quiz was at 8:30 in the morning. We really just quizzed all day and then it was done. Right after lunch the Internationals quiz off happened. Several people from the MET were trying to get in. 2 people from the MET got in that. After that we had more quizzing. After we were all done some people went and played a volleyball game. Some other people (me included) decided to quiz each other. That was so much fun. There were people who jumped super fast and that was quite interesting trying to beat them. After that we played green ghost outside. Everyone got really muddy and wet. If you guys were tracking the weather at all you would know that it was raining Friday and Saturday and then on Sunday it was snowing. ❄️ The playground looked like a island in the middle of a lake because the puddle around it was so big. Olivia (my friend) thought it was the lake. It really was very deep. Up to my knees at least. Someone decided to get baptized in it. There were puddles and mud everywhere. ☔️
SUNDAY-
This was a sad day. It was many people's very last day ever quizzing. Everyone was saying bye to everyone. The coaches were giving awards to everyone. I couldn't go home on the bus with everyone because I had a clarinet concert before the bus got home. My dad came and got me and I had to say bye to everyone. It is sad because I won't be MET 5 next year most likely. For sure I won't be with the same people at all. My captain this year isn't going to be my captain next year. But we were all excited for next year to see who's team we're going to be on. π
That was my week. My concert went very well and we all felt good about that!
>Anna-Lee ❤️
I have officially done one year of Bible Quizzing. π² We had our last tournament this weekend as I mentioned before. Thank you all for praying. π My team got into B Division semi-finals. We were pretty happy with it too. I am going to try to describe our tournament to you by day so that you can know what we were doing this whole weekend.
FRIDAY-
As always I had soccer. Except that it wasn't normal because on THURSDAY my parents had left for Hamilton. They couldn't drive me so we asked my friends family and they were amazing and came and got me and brought me to soccer. My friend and her brother also do soccer. Soccer was fun. We did a bunch of miniature games and then some relay races. The Pearce (the family that drove me to soccer) also drove me to the bus along with some other people who do soccer. We all drove to meet the bus. We got there and were a bit early but then we get a phone call that the bus is going to be 30-45 minutes late because the bus had broken down and they had to wait for a new one. While we were waiting for the bus other people arrived. There were so many people in the Pearce's van while we were waiting. One of the boys was telling riddles. π They were very good and made everyone laugh and definitely use their minds. Once we got onto the bus which was 45 minutes late it was pretty boring. But my friend Olivia and I reviewed and went over questions together which was fun!
We got to Joy and got our bags. We all went and got our snacks and then called it a night. The rule at camp is that you have to have lights out by 11:00 p.m. so we ended up going to bed pretty much as soon as we finished our snack. π©
SATURDAY-
Saturday was the quizzing day. Our first quiz was at 8:30 in the morning. We really just quizzed all day and then it was done. Right after lunch the Internationals quiz off happened. Several people from the MET were trying to get in. 2 people from the MET got in that. After that we had more quizzing. After we were all done some people went and played a volleyball game. Some other people (me included) decided to quiz each other. That was so much fun. There were people who jumped super fast and that was quite interesting trying to beat them. After that we played green ghost outside. Everyone got really muddy and wet. If you guys were tracking the weather at all you would know that it was raining Friday and Saturday and then on Sunday it was snowing. ❄️ The playground looked like a island in the middle of a lake because the puddle around it was so big. Olivia (my friend) thought it was the lake. It really was very deep. Up to my knees at least. Someone decided to get baptized in it. There were puddles and mud everywhere. ☔️
SUNDAY-
This was a sad day. It was many people's very last day ever quizzing. Everyone was saying bye to everyone. The coaches were giving awards to everyone. I couldn't go home on the bus with everyone because I had a clarinet concert before the bus got home. My dad came and got me and I had to say bye to everyone. It is sad because I won't be MET 5 next year most likely. For sure I won't be with the same people at all. My captain this year isn't going to be my captain next year. But we were all excited for next year to see who's team we're going to be on. π
That was my week. My concert went very well and we all felt good about that!
>Anna-Lee ❤️
Comments
Post a Comment