Why I respect beggars

Money. It separates everyone. It stereotypes people. Poor, in-between and rich. Rich people talk to rich people, poor people talk to poor people and then there is... everyone else.
You're probably wondering why I named this post what I did and I'll explain but I had to get that view on money before I began.
Have you met people who lie about how they're doing? People who say they're doing good but really they're not. People who are so proud that they need to keep this shell of themselves being perfect. They're insecure that you're going to judge if they actually say what is going on? I've met people like that too. It's impossible not too because so many people are like that now.
That's why I respect beggars. When I was writing this I didn't really want to refer to them like that. I didn't want to put that name on them but I don't know how else to get this message through.
Why do I respect them you ask? 
They're humble. They are out there on the street asking for money, out there in front of everyone for all the 'rich' or 'in-between' people to laugh at them. They're completely vulnerable and that is admirable because so many people now would just try to bluff it. They would try to show the world that they're ok when really they're not.
I don't know if any of you ever talked to someone on the street asking for money, but I have and I found out that even though they might look a bit scary most of them are really nice.
I definitely don't want to be like them but I'll go far and say that I respect them. Most of them anyway, I don't like the ones who spend all their money on drugs, alcohol and smoking, that's not what I'm saying if you were thinking that.

Sorry if that whole post was a mess and you didn't understand anything.
Anna-Lee

Comments

  1. I understood, and I have tears and I pray the Lord would bless your compassionate and discerning heart and use you to bless the nations one by one as you see people through god's eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique 2

Unique 4

Unique