Am I a stereotypical teenager?

What do you think of when you hear the word teenager? I've heard many things, the most common are sarcasm, dating, teen pregnancy, swearing, dropping out of school and smoking.

The sarcasm apparently comes with being a teenager, it has become a stereotype that all teenagers are sarcastic, ungrateful messes. I want to prove that not all teenagers are like that. I know many of my friends certainly aren't like that and they're mostly all teenagers.
So let's go through and prove everything untrue!

The thing that I hear the most is that all teenagers are moody, sarcastic and rude all the time. Now I am not going to say that I am never moody or rude but I am going to say that I have my nice moments and I do actually like being with my family and friends. All people have their nice moments I think. Also don't tell me that adults can't be rude and sarcastic because that's just a lie if you think that's true.

I do acknowledge that most teenagers and people in their life have dealt with a break up. whether it is because they're arguing, switching schools or just not feeling like keeping on going most teenagers deal with at least one in their years of being a teenager. Now I would say that Christians don't and neither do homeschoolers as much. The christians know better than to date before their ready and homeschoolers just don't go to school and so won't have deal with school drama. The stereotype though says that most teenagers only date for a few days and then find another one. I would say that even though most deal with some sort of relationship break up, most date for more than a few days.

Ok, everyone knows how many people are having abortions and mostly because of teen pregnancy. Saying that most teenagers have problems with that though is a major exaggeration. I think we all just need to pray for those teens that are pregnant and stop blaming the other teens who aren't.

Swearing is actually a problem with teenagers, though I would say it's a problem with everyone. I have seen Christian teens swearing and such and that's not right. I wouldn't label it as everyone though, many teens are against swearing just like me.

There are teenagers who dropout of school but usually they're following their mom or dad. Most of the time they come from broken homes or are getting bullied by people in school. There are many teens who do it but so many who don't that it's not a huge thing. I don't really know why people think most teenagers do it.

Smoking... yeah so that a problem. We all need to pray, pray for hope and deliverance from drugs, smoking and alcohol.

Stereotypes are bad. There is a chain around teenagers (and others) who are stereotyped that people won't give you a chance. Stop judging by the worst and start judging each individual.
Please pray for all the issues that teens face. It can help millions.
Thanks for reading,
Anna-Lee






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unique 2

Unique 4

Unique