Kiwanis Festival

Hi,

Yesterday was very nice but not very relaxing! I went to Kiwanis Festival with my Wind Ensemble group. For most of them it was their 2nd time, but it was my first and I enjoyed it.
 I met up with my group around 2:30, we warmed up, we did a few songs, and had fun. We were supposed to be on stage at 3:05 but, when 3:05 came they said that there was a delay and we were had to wait unitl 3:30 so, we practiced more. Then we were called up onto the stage and it took about 5 min. to get all the seating situated. We played our two songs, Petit Rien and Les Rejouesance. Then the judge came up and talked about timing intonation, and dynamics and said we were good. He asked us to play Les Rejouesance again louder this time now that we knew we were good!  Then he gave Beverly (My conductor) a certificate. and we all filed back to our room. (we did not know what we got). And then our conductor said "Well, good job everyone. We got 89% and guess what?. We got gold!!!" Well, the cheer was deafening. Good thing nobody was playing because they would not been able to hear themselves think. All in all it went VERY well.

Anna-Lee


Me and my friend Ava
Me listening to the judge
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on winning gold. Your daily practices are paying off. Good work
    G & G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two exciting achievements - good for you!!
    I am sure your group worked very hard to earn a gold - that is very special.
    Cantering is fun, and I hope that you enjoy your new pony which is a nice surprise too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique 2

Unique 4

Unique