Good,and Bad news
Hello, I am back after a long busy month or two of just plain catching up!!!
Horseback riding is what I am going to do first. I have some bad news and good.
Which one do you want first? I guess I will do bad first and good last. The bad news is that Tequila is lame. She has a swollen leg that is really hurting her and so I have not been riding her for about 3 whole weeks. This is what happened when we found out that she had a swollen leg. I was warming up Tequila and started trotting and she was limping so I pulled her into a walk and she stopped limping. My coach said to trot her in a small circle. I did so and I could hardly stay on her for her limping. It was terrible. My coach said to get off and get Ellie Mae because Tequila was not in well enough condition to get ridden.
The good news is that I passed a dressage test on Ellie Mae. It was quite simple but since Ellie is so wiggly I had to work super hard. The test is seeing whether I can remember where the letters in the ring are, follow a preset course, keep Ellie Mae going very straight, do transitions like walk to trot to canter, do circles properly, and halt quickly. It is like a small choreographed dance for the horse. I did well according to my teacher. I think I did well as well.
This year I am doing a Home school co-op. It so far is a lot of fun. I have Art, Science, and History. In Science and History I had to do this project. I just finished my two and gave them to my teacher. I did my science one about the sense of touch and I did my History on Jeffery Amherst. It was a lot of fun!! On the last week of the co-op I have to do a presentation on my projects.
Anna-Lee
Horseback riding is what I am going to do first. I have some bad news and good.
Which one do you want first? I guess I will do bad first and good last. The bad news is that Tequila is lame. She has a swollen leg that is really hurting her and so I have not been riding her for about 3 whole weeks. This is what happened when we found out that she had a swollen leg. I was warming up Tequila and started trotting and she was limping so I pulled her into a walk and she stopped limping. My coach said to trot her in a small circle. I did so and I could hardly stay on her for her limping. It was terrible. My coach said to get off and get Ellie Mae because Tequila was not in well enough condition to get ridden.
The good news is that I passed a dressage test on Ellie Mae. It was quite simple but since Ellie is so wiggly I had to work super hard. The test is seeing whether I can remember where the letters in the ring are, follow a preset course, keep Ellie Mae going very straight, do transitions like walk to trot to canter, do circles properly, and halt quickly. It is like a small choreographed dance for the horse. I did well according to my teacher. I think I did well as well.
This year I am doing a Home school co-op. It so far is a lot of fun. I have Art, Science, and History. In Science and History I had to do this project. I just finished my two and gave them to my teacher. I did my science one about the sense of touch and I did my History on Jeffery Amherst. It was a lot of fun!! On the last week of the co-op I have to do a presentation on my projects.
Anna-Lee
| Here is me riding little Ellie Mae |
| Here is me riding Ellie in the gait canter |
Comments
Post a Comment