Cottage Life - My Story
I like the cottage because there is so much to do like feed the chipmunk, going swimming, playing tons of games, going to the Thai restaurant, going to Kawartha Dairy, feeding the ducks, going to the dump, walking the boardwalk, breakfast at the Millpond, and coloring with Grandma at 7:30 a.m.
Feeding the Chipmunk has been a tradition since I can remember. live Some of the chipmunks come right up onto our laps. My sister used to have a top that had a pocket. She'd put the peanut right into the pocket, and the chipmunk would come right up onto her top and take the peanut out of her pocket! It was neat. This year we have a red squirrel coming all the time so Grandma and Grandpa are trying to trap him and move him somewhere else. Instead, most of the time they are catching our chipmunks and having to keep releasing him!
Going Swimming - I sometimes say that "cottage" means that there needs to be water. This is where I learned how to swim under water, jump off the raft, swim without a life jacket - this is where I learned to swim! I like swimming with a noodle. Mom and I both hop on it and paddle out to the raft or play teeter totter. Sometimes Dad hops on too and then we pretty much sink!
The Thai Restaurant is a very good restaurant that we made a habit of going to. My favorite thing to get at the Thai restaurant is the french fries and everyone in my family agrees! They get Thai food too though and I eat some of it too.
Kawartha Dairy is where we always go after the Thai restaurant. You can always have something new. There are about 48 flavours! My favorite flavour is Roly Poly which is a chocolate ice cream with chocolate caramel cups.
Feeding the Ducks - Every once in a while we get a mommy duck and her babies. This year there was a mommy and 6 babies. This year they would come up to us while we were swimming. We would feed them corn. Because we got up so close to them we could see that the babies were still yellow.
Going to the dump is a fun thing to do because there is a dump store. The dump store is a place where people take things they don't want and take things they do. Once I got two porcelain dolls - one was named Rosalyna and the other Poppy. We took Poppy back.
Another thing that is sometimes there is a BEAR. This year there is one there called Buddy and he is BIG.
There is a Boardwalk in Minden and it is very nice. There is a little swampy part at the beginning and we saw a beaver and it's lodge. One time when we saw the beaver he was pulling a stick.
![]() |
| This is the beaver |
Breakfast at the Millpond is a very fun thing. When I am up by myself with Grandma and Grandpa we go many mornings. There is one waitress I have gotten to know very well. Her name is Stephanie. I always order pancakes and they are very good. I also am always ordering hash browns this year and they are the best hash browns I have ever tasted. They are very tangy.
I colour with Grandma everywhere. I like colouring with Grandma because it is very relaxing.
Anna-Lee


Comments
Post a Comment